Accuride is proud to be at the forefront of the automotive industry, providing the advanced innovative technology behind the automotive sliding systems of established brands.
Since 1997, when Accuride made history by developing the mechanism used in the first telescopic sliding armrest introduced in a car, we have been a trusted automotive supplier - our systems are integrated into thousands of vehicles each year.
We approach and manage our customer projects and our internal new product developments in a very structured way, based on Automotive APQP methodology with dedicated project management focus to achieve our deadlines in an efficient and effective way.
APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) is at the core of all our major projects. Following the 5 phases of APQP ensures that projects fulfil our customers’ requirements, governmental regulations, meet timing schedules and achieve budgetary targets:
- We work closely with our customers, ensuring that we fully understand their needs and expectations to help us define the necessary quality program.
- During the design of the product, we use tools such as advanced 3D modelling, virtual simulation and DFMEA’s to help us identify all possible risks. We work hard to minimise risks, holding design reviews, producing prototypes, defining material specifications, and verifying the design through rigorous testing.
- In developing the manufacturing process to produce the product, the outputs of the DFMEA then go into the PFMEA, ensuring all remaining risks are communicated and dealt with throughout the manufacturing process.
- We put a lot of effort into validating the design and manufacturing process through production trial runs, confirming the part & process capability using Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) and extensive product testing, all of which go towards Product Part Approval Process (PPAP). We do not only want to meet our customers’ requirements, we always work to understand the full capability of the design. This type of mentality results in our products often exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- During the product launch, we look closely at evaluating and improving processes. We work hard to reduce any process variations, identifying issues and starting corrective actions (8D’s) to support continual improvement. This results in improved quality of product and increased customer satisfaction.
The choice of many leading brands
We've highlighted some featured products below for you to explore.